As we left our townhouse with our first "load" of belongings to the new house, I cried all the way! They were not tears of sadness, but tears of joy. We loved our townhouse. It was our first home… it was where Seth proposed to me… it was where we went the night of our wedding… There were so many wonderful memories, but as Seth said, "There are many more memories to come." I am so thankful that we patiently waited for the right time to begin the journey. I do not believe it would have turned out the way it did how we not continued to be faithful and patient with our finances. There were many times during the building process that we were not able to "lock in" on an interest rate and our "budgeted mortgage" was increasing dramatically. However, as it all began to wrap it, God was faithful and just to take care of us. The interest rates decreased and we returned to our "budgeted" price.
I remember the first couple of days that I would look around in awe and think to myself, "this cannot be our house." For the first week, we had to shower in the guest bathroom because we did not have a blind on our bathroom window. I remember getting out of the shower, looking into the living area/kitchen area and it took me a minute to realize that this was our house and I was not at a guest's house! I would often stop.sit.cry in awe of the blessings that God has continued to pour out on our family.
I could go on and on about the journey of building a new home, but I will spare you all of those details and simple say… I DO NOT think I could do it again, but then again the end product is ASTOUNDING! :)
I am especially grateful to my family and ALL of their help! I love you very much and would not be where I am today without your love and support!
What am I enjoying the most?
- COOKING in my beautiful kitchen!
- The double-oven… No more trying to plan out what needs to be cooked first!
- My jetted Jacuzzi tub!
- Peaceful!
- TV above the fireplace!
- The back patio!
What I am not enjoying….
- THE CRITTERS!
Those of you that know me are probably laughing about now! I told Seth… "If I would have known that all of these critters were going to be living out here back in March when we picked out this lot, I am not sure we would be living here right now." He simple said, "I am glad you didn't know!"
Seriously they aren't that bad… but I'm a little bit of a city girl and I cannot do scorpions, spiders, or snakes! I am surviving and I have my own little "pest patrol" man that I like to call my amazing husband! Here are a few pictures of these wonderful "pets" that live out here with us. Trust me - - there have been plenty more. I am just getting a little more immune to where I don't have to take a picture every time! HA! :)







0 comments:
Leave a Comment