2014-2015!

Wow - it has been a YEAR since my last blog post! It is crazy how time flies by when you're having fun! :) This past October was one year since we moved into our home. We are still loving it and excited about staying committed to our financial goals to work on paying down the mortgage.

There has been A LOT that has changed within the past year, personally, professionally, and spiritually. I am truly grateful for all of the change, even though it wasn't easy being in the midst of it all. You know, the Bible teaches about time such as those, and as an adult I am learning that those times are some of the sweetest.

I am so excited to see what 2015 will bring. Seth and I have discussed our goals for the year and I truly believe it will be another amazing year! I am so blessed to have a husband whom is willing to sit, share, and dream together. It's pretty fun! :) The both of us have learned over the past year that we are so much more successful when we set a goal, agree it, and work toward achieving it. In specific, when discussing our finances. We are continuing to move forward with the baby steps of Dave Ramsey. I often hear of his success stories and people paying off thousands and thousands of dollars in debt in so many months... pretty motivating! I continue to be amazed at the relief we experience in our marriage by not allowing finances to control us. I will forever be grateful for the Biblical teachings of money, as well as figuring it out on my own through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.

2014 Major Transitions:
  • Finished my 3,000 intern hours in July! {This was truly a blessed experience. I couldn't have done without an amazing supervisor. She taught me so much and has become such a special part of my life. Thankful that although the intern hours are over, the relationship just began.} 
  • Left Serenity House in October! {This was bitter-sweet. I learned SO MUCH while working as a residential counselor. It was a humbling experience and I will FOREVER be grateful for the experience. Serenity House has a very special place in my heart. There was A LOT of personal healing that took place during those three years.} 
  • Began working at McMurry University in October as the Coordinator of Counseling Services and the Disability Coordinator.  {This job is a BLESSING. I work part-time and the schedule is perfect. It allows me to use my education and training, as well as fulfilling my desire to be a house wife (cooking, cleaning, etc.) I am truly thankful for this job and have been loving the transition. I am loving it!} 
  • Began the exploration of private practice at Freedom Counseling in September. {This too has been an exciting experience. I am so thankful for the opportunity to experience what private practice is all about, all while only working a few hours a week. You know, I truly believe that God sends you just the people you need... Many of my clients have blessed me more than they will ever know.} 

As far as major transitions, I think those about sum it up. As you can see, most of the transitions were revolved around my professional growth, but it is those transitions that have always strengthened me personally and spiritually. It all goes together! :)


What Am I Looking Forward To In 2015? 
  • Starting the use of Young Living Essential Oils! 
    • Yes. I am still a bit skeptical, but I am staying open-minded and encouraged to start using them. I ordered my Premium Starter Kit and find myself feeling pretty excited about waiting on it to arrive. I love hearing other's success stories with their use of essential oils. Seth says, "Are you going to turn into one of those crazy oil ladies?" 
  • Give more! 
    • We both love helping others! Tithing is a must and the first thing that comes out of our budget each month. It is pretty rewarding when you get your end of the year contribution amount and reflect back on how in the world you gave that amount when you didn't make near that amount of money! God is good - it is ALL His to begin with anyway... he is just entrusting us to be good stewards. 
  • Saving enough cash to have a fence built! 
    • Seems like a pretty simple thing, but you should get a quote... CRAZINESS! 
  • Making two extra house payments! 
    • You know I learned in 2014 that if you make 1 extra house payment a year that you will pay off a 30 year mortgage in 22 years! That is pretty exciting! We succeeded in 2014 with making 1 extra payment. 
  • Further discussion and consideration for having children!
    • Ya'll don't be going crazy! CALM DOWN - nothing to get too excited about right now! I will be sure to keep you all posted. :) 
  • Read more books, professional and enjoyment! 
    • I never could find "time" to sit down and read, as I was ALWAYS thinking about what I needed to be doing... sweeping, mopping, cleaning, laundry, ironing, etc. Well... now with more spare time on my hands, I am looking forward to getting myself into a routine on my spare time and making time for reading. 
  • Start exercising and making health a priority! 
    • One thing I have learned about myself is that I get into the ruts where I don't exercise AT ALL and then I start and feel success from it so I just run it into the ground until I am sick of it. Just like with everything... I need to find a healthy balance. Exercise has always felt like a punishment to me... I want to change that! I KNOW I feel better physically and emotionally when I exercise. I JUST HAVE TO DO IT! 

Until next time... I will share a quote that has stuck with me for the past few weeks... "Crying is not a sign of weakness, but rather a sign that you have LOVED." 


0 comments:

Leave a Comment