Coming Soon: NEW HOME!


As we embark on this new journey in our lives there are many different feelings that come to my mind... stressful, grateful, excited, happy, cautious, anxious, blessed, etc. The list could go on and on. Maybe it is because I do feeling check-ins all day, every day and I am pretty in-tune with all of the different emotions! :)

We began this journey approximately 10 months ago! As many of you know, who have read any of my previous blogs, we have been working toward financial peace for the past couple of years. However, I must confess that when we went to begin the journey of obtaining a home mortgage, and we did not have active credit due to not having any debt in the past two years, I was not a big supporter of Dave Ramsey! :) We had worked so hard at budgeting, saving, and overall being good stewards of our money, and when the time came to consider purchasing or building a home we had to jump through numerous hoops. Basically, short version... we would have been immediately approved for a home loan if we had bad credit and thousands of dollars in debt vs. no active credit and debt free.
THAT. IS. WHAT. THIS. ECONOMY. HAS. COME. TO.

After living in a town-home for the past 2.5 years we were adamant about finding a home that was not smack dab next to someone else! I do not want to know when my neighbors come home or leave. I do not want their animals in my yard. I do not want to hear them climbing the stairs while I am watching TV in the living room. I do not want to hear their garage door opening. I do not want to hear their dogs barking. Okay... you get the point... we wanted to live in a home on a lot where there is plenty of space in between the homes.

We looked at numerous homes within the area that were beautiful. However, you could reach your hand out of the kitchen window and touch the home next to you. We reached the conclusion that we were going to build our very own home. Then, came the journey of finding a lot that we loved.

We drove all over the area actively searching for a lot that we would love in order to build our future home. We quickly learned that ALL of the lots within the areas that we were wanting to live were very pricy. I guess that is why we've been working hard to save money, right?

We finally drove up on a new location that had just posted a sign introducing a new spacious subdivision. The view was remarkable and we immediately looked at each other and said, "this is it." WE. LOVED. IT. Now, the time came to get the contact information off of the sign in order to see just how much these lots would cost. I contacted the owner and she was so friendly, encouraging, and willing to meet us at the location. We met her and her husband the next day. It was such a sweet moment. She looked at me and said, "Is your mother Terry and your father Mark?" She looked at Seth and said, "Is your father Ricky? I was in awe. This lady was special and everything "felt right." We talked about two of the lots that we were interested in and she informed us of the cost. Seth knew which lot I wanted and I knew which lot he wanted... Luckily, they were the same lot! :) We told her that we would take the lot and that we were scheduled to meet with the mortgage company in four days. The lot is a corner lot, a little over an acre, and the perfect location! We love it!

We met with the mortgage company, became approved, and secured our builders. This all happened pretty quickly! Over the past couple of months, we have been in the process of getting electricity set up, getting a water meter set, finalizing floor plans, closing on the lot, and of course driving out to the lot on a regular basis! :)

They have finally set the framing for the concrete and should pour concrete this week.

All of our extra time is consumed with this new home, but I know six months from now it will all be worth it. :)

I am so grateful for a supportive, hard-working husband that is helping me stay calm during all of this. I definitely could not do it without him! Think about it this way... a perfectionist who has loss of control for the next six months?! HA! Don't worry, I consistently remind myself of step one "I am powerless."

Yay! It is sold to us! :)
Our shredded lot, right before the concrete crew comes to frame. 
Yay! They delivered the first load of wood. 
Finally getting the framing for concrete started.
Framed out, dirt hauled, and going to pour concrete soon. 

0 comments:

Leave a Comment