HA! How funny... this was a blog that I initially wrote in November 2012. Apparently, I never published the post to my blog. I just realized it when I went to publish the most recent post "Coming Soon: NEW HOME." HIS timing is right... I learned that it is about having patience during the "wait period." I am thankful I waited for His perfect timing!
Striving to do what is right... but understanding that it is NOT my timing, but HIS!
For those of you that know, Seth and I have been living a "Dave Ramsey" life for quiet some time now. We have been budgeting, tithing, using our envelopes, saving, saving, and saving!
In an earlier blog, I was pleased to announce that we had recently conquered "Baby Step 3." For those of you that are familiar with Financial Peace, we can't technically move on to the next "Baby Steps" until we purchase a home. It has been since that time (October 2011) that we have been saving for our first home.
Well, in my "need" to always feel like I am control I thought it would be beneficial to save until we were dead (okay, not really, but it seems like it). No, I thought it would be best if we saved as much cash as possible in order to have a substantial down payment. On a side note... I am the type of person that gets my mind set on something and GOES FULL BLAST until it is achieved! Well, Seth and I talked about it and thought that it might be beneficial if we went ahead and tried to see what getting a house would "look" like for us in our current financial situation. We did some figuring and we were able to determine the mortgage that we would be able to afford and still live comfortably. It was then that I called to speak with a loan officer, inform her of our current financial situation, provide documentation, etc. I did not know what to expect as I was anxiously awaiting the phone call.
It was then...... that....
She returned my call to inform that we NEEDED to be in debt in order to obtain a loan for a mortgage (due to a lack of an inactive credit score as a result of being out of debt for the past two years!) Seriously, I almost lost it! I couldn't believe it... we had worked so hard to get OUT of debt, get our finances in order, give, and save. That is what we are supposed to do, right?
Needless to say, I was extremely aggravated and discouraged. She attempted to encourage me by giving me options... options I could have DONE without! She began telling me that I could take a bank loan out, I could go buy something on credit, I could get credit cards, etc. There was a lot of STUFF in-between all of that, but I had a reached a point of no longer listening. I hung up the phone, discouraged, and uncertain. It was then that I remembered... "It is His timing, not mine."
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

0 comments:
Leave a Comment