The best 2 years of my life!

I know... I know... It's been a LONG time since I updated my blog! Life has been extremely busy, so I have a lot of updates!

First and foremost... Many of you know that I went to Hardin-Simmons to get my Master's Degree in pursuit of a state license to be a professional counselor. Well... in April I went and took my state board exam and PASSED! It is official and all of the hard work has paid off! However, I also wanted to get my state license in chemical dependency counseling, so I went in June and took that state exam and PASSED! Officially... I am now.... Jesse Potter, M.Ed., LCDC, LPC-Intern. I am under supervision for my LPC until I complete 3,000 hours, but all of the hard work is behind me!

Many of you may have read about my career passion on a previous blog, but through all the stress and uncertainty God continued to push me and reveal to me in various ways that I was doing what it was that he had in store for me. There were evenings after work where I wanted to throw my LPC study materials against the wall and not have to think about it. Looking back on my education, preparation for my state board exam, and passing both state license exams it has definitely been a fast paced couple years. Today, I am able to say with confidence that it has been worth every minute and I am truly blessed to be on this "half" of it!

God has continued to "show up" and "show off" and I am forever grateful for the opportunities that have been handed to me. I was offered a job back in January at Serenity House Drug and Alcohol Treatment that fits perfect with what I need to fulfill my supervised hours, as well as give me excellent experience. On top of that, it is in a field that I have been extremely interested in for a while now. Yes - I know the only word that comes to mind is BLESSED!

On top of all of the exciting career accomplishments... June 5, 2012 marked our 2-year anniversary and I must say it has been the BEST 2-years of my life! It amazes me each and every day how blessed I am to have such an amazing, supporting, love, etc. husband. To celebrate all of the accomplishments as well as our 2-year anniversary we went to HAWAII! We left on Sunday, June 3rd and stayed for a week at a fabulous resort and had an amazing, relaxing time! When we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon we scheduled numerous excursions, because we thought that would be our only opportunity, so for this trip it was nice to be able to relax and not have a schedule. We hung out on the beach, went to the spa, layed by the pool, went zip-lining, drove the road to Hana, went to the spa again, and ate some amazing food! It was such a relaxing, peaceful trip, especially after being so busy for the past several months. Thanks to my wonderful parents for the graduation gift, we had a fabulous time!










Our next vacation...  Key West, Florida!



0 comments:

Leave a Comment