And the journey continues...

Wow! I did not realize how long it had been since I had posted a blog. There has been a lot that has happened since then, but one significant thing I wanted to share.

In October we finally achieved our 6 month emergency fund savings. It seemed like we were never going to reach it, probably because we were already focusing on our next step/goal. The "sense of security" after we completed Baby Step 3 of Financial Peace is amazing! There really is a true sense of living in financial freedom when you do not have debt hanging over your shoulders and you have enough money saved that if something happened everything would be taken care of. It is a terrific feeling! This entire program has changed our lives and we are forever grateful. We continue to give and it feels great to know that the money was never ours to begin with, but that we are being good stewards. I look forward to the day where we can give so much more. "Live like no one else, so later you can LIVE/GIVE like no one else." That saying is becoming much more real to us!

Our next step is a house! We have now begun saving for our very own home. Don't get me wrong... we LOVE the place we live now. Our landlords are amazing and it has been a perfect "starter" place for us, but having something that you worked so hard for and that you can call your own will be pretty wonderful! Wow - to think that all our debt is paid, we have two emergency savings, and that we are saving for our very own home! It all seems unreal what we have accomplished in such a short amount of time.

Again, I give the credit to God and for a husband that was willing to live a different lifestyle. There have been so many days where I have struggled with doing all of this and feelings of anger and resentment begin to brew, and then I begin to realize that this is really the ideal way that God intended for his people to live. He is LORD of EVERYTHING, included FINANCES! This experience has definitely been life changing and opened up my eyes in ways I never thought possible. I got a bumper sticker from a friend the other day, "Debt is normal, be weird!" AMEN! I am pretty sure that God calls us to be weird too. What a coincidence?

This Financial Peace stuff is for real... you ought to try it - it will CHANGE your life!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment