It's hard to believe...

It is hard to believe that it has been seven years since my mother passed away. Some days it seems like its been an eternity whereas other days it seems like it was just yesterday. Looking back over the past seven years, I definitely can see where God is using me.

When I first came to Hardin-Simmons University in the fall of 2006 I thought I needed to major in Business. It only took me three classes to realize that I needed to do something else or I was going to be miserable for the rest of my life. I did not know what I wanted to major in and felt a pressure to make a decision. My advisor recommended me taking random introduction courses to get a feel for what I wanted to do. The following semester I took an Intro. to Sociology, Intro. to Criminal Justice, and Intro. to Psychology. I was praying that God would put me where he wanted me and that my career would please him. Little did I know that God was working on me in a mighty way. It was only a few class periods of Introductory Psychology when I felt that it was not only what I wanted to do, but what I had to do. Being a psychology major and studying counseling and human development for my master's degree has answered a lot of questions from my childhood. I believe wholeheartedly that God put me in this profession to help those who are suffering, whether it be depression or substance abuse, and I cannot wait until I am fully licensed to do just that.

We have been studying a lot at church and in our life groups about how God turns pain and suffering into good and I truly believe that he has done just that in my life. Thank you Lord!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment