It is official - after 4 years and 2 1/2 months Seth and I are engaged. It has been an extremely exciting time in my life.
I have always wanted to write a blog about being engaged or getting married, but now it seems that words are rare. One thing I do know is that I am madly in love with this amazing man.
So here is the story of our engagement...
Saturday, November 21, 2009, 7:00 p.m.: The day was a regular Saturday. I spend the majority of my weekends stuck at a desk doing homework, which is exactly what I was doing on this Saturday. Seth kept going outside at different times, which I later learned that he was talking on the phone. I am extremely nosey and snoopy so it makes it difficult to do things without me knowing. He begin to get more secretive as the day progressed. We had planned several days ahead that we were going to go out to dinner and go see a movie. He never cares where we go eat and is perfectly fine with going to a movie. However, this time when I told him where I wanted to go eat he said that we were going to go to a different place and that he suggested that we go see a movie on Sunday. At this point, I began to expect that I would be getting my beautiful ring that evening. It got later in the evening and we had ready to go eat, so when we were leaving his house he ran down the stairs, acted like he fell, and when I came down to check on him he was on one knee and had the ring and asked me to marry him. Of course... I said... YES!
Wow! I felt like this day was never going to get here. He is exactly who I want to spend the rest of my life with and I am truly thankful that God put him in my life.
(This was our very first picture together on one of our first dates.)
We are planning on getting married the beginning of the summer, but the date is not officially set... check back for more updates!


1 comments:
Leave a Comment